Senior Director, Payments
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Senior Director, Payments will provide leadership and strategy to the organization for our Payments business via development of annual and long-range plans and then codify that strategy by coordinating the operations of the company such as engineering, marketing and sales in a manner that will result in outstanding customer service for our customers and profitability and growth for the company.
• Direct and lead the full Product, Payments life-cycle from software requirements/development/release to the commercialization of the Payments
• Review analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives and course-correct as necessary
• Develop, review, update and implement business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance and new product development
• Lead Sales target planning and strategy for long-term market planning
• Oversee development of operating reports and annual budget
• Partner with Engineering leadership to support a strong engineering culture of quality and delivery across company
• Work with Marketing to plan marketing activities, provide consultation and partnership on content and production, with joint responsibility for results and expectations
• Strong application software experience
• Working knowledge of life sciences industry
• Financial oversight
• Demonstrated ability to lead a staff team in a matrixed organization
• A minimum of three years of experience working with C level Executives
• Proven skills in business and financial management
● Coach and define good software development practices across company
● Instill strong engineering culture of quality and delivery across company
● Identify engineering organization dysfunctions and champion solutions to address them.
● Drive improvements in engineering practices (observability, chaos, telemetry) across the company to increase platform availability, resilience and reliability
● Define the overall architecture of the automated deployment pipeline
● Chair and participate in working groups
● Adhere to Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures
● Make continuous self-education a priority
● Keep up to date with the software development and testing industries
● Coach and mentor team members
As a leader of Products, Payments, you will:
● Ensure the product teams work within our cross-functional product management lifecycle framework to deliver against milestones and key artifacts (such as product plans and business cases), through collaboration with key internal stakeholder functional organizations.
● Lead product’s platform services strategy for development and consumption of core services and capabilities which can be used across all Medidata products
● Collaborate across functions and business units on effective market segmentation and market strategy, product adoption and go-to-market plans, including pricing, positioning and packaging for a cohesive strategy
● Develop communication tools and channels to provide transparency on product product strategy, roadmaps, and delivery plans and schedules and ensure they are continually maintained
● Collaborate and support ALL product teams in any product family as needed – will be partnering with product solution leads in developing business cases, collecting feedback from customers or prospects, working through longer term product strategy, and strengthening relationships with other functional areas.
● Champion ongoing competitive, market, and user research to ensure decisions are based on sound use of both qualitative and quantitative data
● Establish formal Customer Engagement Programs to strengthen customer relationships and ensure flow of input into product strategy and product roadmaps
● Ensure product definitions meet and exceed immediate and long-term business, customer, and market expectations
● Define, implement and maintain best practices and processes to ensure efficiencies, consistency and quality in meeting team and corporate objectives
● Track market trends and technologies and determine if and when to incorporate new solutions into the existing product line
● Drive innovation across the product suite, identifying and defining solutions that anticipate changing customer and market environments
● Evangelize the company’s products and solutions at industry conferences, at symposiums and with key clients
● Support Commercial and customer-facing teams in high-value meetings with prospects and customers
● Cultivate a deep understanding of the Clinical Trials space, including engagement with all segments of the customer base
• Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science desired, or equivalent relevant experience
• MBA preferred
• Product Development and/or Industry experience a must
• Commercial experience a bonus (Sales, Marketing, Commercial support, etc)
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top