Senior Director, Marketing EMEA
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, thereby ensuring that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. Our products and services are driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries – one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally.
Our company is 100% focused on life sciences, and by automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, we have the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, which bring a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials that empower our customers to make more informed decisions earlier and faster. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
With annual revenue in 2016 at nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
We know that diverse teams win and therefore we are committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Head of Marketing EMEA is responsible for defining strategy, planning and executing demand generation and account-based programs that drive sales of Medidata’s Clinical Cloud solutions for the Life Sciences industry. This position works closely with global marketing groups and the EMEA Sales organization. This high visibility role reports to the global CMO of Medidata and will be dotted-line to the General Manager EMEA. This position works closely with all global marketing groups and will constantly interface with Sales, Product and Marketing leadership as well as executive client leadership.
● Be a strong contributor to the EMEA Leadership team
● Lead all Marketing teams in the region composed of Corporate Communications, Demand Generation, Marketing Operations and Market Development. These teams are located in UK, Germany, and are rapidly expanding across Europe.
● Create marketing plans by engaging Sales in annual and quarterly planning to determine programs, activities, and marketing assets to achieve business and revenue objectives.
● Provide strategic planning insight to Sales on the appropriate marketing activities for the progressive stages of the sales cycle: lead generation, opportunity creation and deal movement, and deal close.
● Serve as an embedded resource for the Sales team and attend Quarterly Business Reviews and Sales meetings as appropriate.
● Execute awareness and demand generation programs for Medidata’s EMEA teams
● Produce segment-specific “one-to-many” marketing programs as well as “one to one” tailored marketing programs for larger accounts (e.g. account-based marketing strategies).
● Execute face-to-face programs such as conferences, workshops, executive/c-level roundtables, trade shows; 3rd-party sponsorships and webinars
● Execute broad demand generation activities via email campaigns, online paid media and co-marketing activities with channel partners.
● Collaborate with global Product Marketing and Marketing Communications to localize marketing assets such as data sheets, customer reference stories, sales enablement tools, videos, ROI analysis, social media awareness and “air cover”, demand generation programs and external communications.
● Serve as the point-of-contact on cross-functional teams for various marketing campaigns and product initiatives.
● Engage partners for co-branded marketing activities and explore opportunities to market with, and through, them to the ultimate end user.
● Develop and maintain relationships with key thought leaders, vendors, and media channels.
● Measure and report performance against established metrics.
● Up to 30% travel; mostly EMEA regional-based and to the US, New-York Headquarters
● Manage Marketing and Communication Agencies in the region
● Extensive experience in regional marketing role in EMEA supporting a direct sales force in the enterprise software industry. Life Sciences experience is a bonus.
● Knowledge and experience in building and executing marketing plans and programs.
● Ability to devise new and innovative communication methods and assets to articulate Medidata’s messages and value propositions to customer accounts.
● Experience managing Tele-marketing, Tele-prospection, Telesales teams to manage inbound leads and also drive outbound calls and pipeline.
● Ability to be innovative with respect to program creation and problem resolution, and process-oriented with respect to marketing operations and execution workflows.
● Managing Corporate Communications - PR, social media, analyst relations - is also a key competency required as the EMEA marketing team grows.
● Knowledge of marketing processes and e-marketing systems; experience with lead scoring and nurturing methodologies is a plus.
● Experience interfacing with all levels in a Sales organization including sales reps, tech consultants, regional managers, and senior leadership.
● Comfortable interfacing with customers at conferences and serving as a host to kick-off and administer/manage live events.
● Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills to bring together stakeholders from disparate functional groups to enable program creation, support, and execution.
● Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; multi-lingual abilities a plus
● Excellent organizational and time management skills.
● Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously.
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience. MBA preferred.
● Requires a minimum of 15 years of experience in life sciences industry and/or in the Tech / SaaS space.
Role located in : London, UK.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
● TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top