Senior Director, Marketing APeJ
The Director, Marketing APeJ (APAC except Japan) is responsible for defining strategy, planning and executing demand generation and account-based programs that drive sales of Medidata’s Clinical Cloud solutions for the Life Sciences industry. This position works closely with global marketing groups and the APeJ Sales organization. This high visibility role will interface with Sales, Product and Marketing leadership as well as executive client leadership. It will require exceptional creativity, the ability to innovate, and a “hands-on” approach to accomplish the work.
- Be a strong contributor to the APeJ Leadership team
- Lead all Marketing teams in the region composed of Corporate Communications, Demand Generation, Marketing Operations and Tele-Prospecting. These teams are located in Singapore, South Korea and China.
- Create marketing plans by engaging Sales in annual and quarterly planning to determine programs, activities, and marketing assets to achieve business and revenue objectives.
- Provide strategic planning insight to Sales on the appropriate marketing activities for the progressive stages of the sales cycle: lead generation, opportunity creation and deal movement, and deal close.
- Serve as an embedded resource for the Sales team and attend Quarterly Business Reviews and Sales meetings as appropriate.
- Execute awareness and demand generation programs for Medidata’s APeJ teams Produce segment-specific “one-to-many” marketing programs as well as “one to one” tailored marketing programs for larger accounts (e.g. account-based marketing strategies).
- Execute face-to-face programs such as conferences, workshops, executive/c-level roundtables, trade shows; 3rd-party sponsorships and webinars
- Execute broad demand generation activities via email campaigns, online paid media and co-marketing activities with channel partners.
- Collaborate with global Product Marketing and Marketing Communications to localize marketing assets such as data sheets, customer reference stories, sales enablement tools, videos, ROI analysis, social media awareness and “air cover”, demand generation programs and external communications.
- Serve as the point-of-contact on cross-functional teams for various marketing campaigns and product initiatives.
- Engage partners for co-branded marketing activities and explore opportunities to market with, and through, them to the ultimate end user.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key thought leaders, vendors, and media channels.
- Measure and report performance against established metrics.
- Up to 50% travel; mostly APeJ regional-based.
- Manage Marketing and Communication Agencies in the region
- Extensive experience in regional marketing role in APeJ supporting a direct sales force in the enterprise software industry. Life Sciences experience is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in building and executing marketing plans and programs.
- Ability to devise new and innovative communication methods and assets to articulate Medidata’s messages and value propositions to customer accounts.
- Ability to be innovative with respect to program creation and problem resolution, and process-oriented with respect to marketing operations and execution workflows.
- Knowledge of marketing processes and e-marketing systems; experience with lead scoring and nurturing methodologies is a plus.
- Experience interfacing with all levels in a Sales organization including sales reps, tech consultants, regional managers, and senior leadership.
- Comfortable interfacing with customers at marketing programs and serving as a “master of ceremonies” to kick-off and administer/manage live events.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills to bring together stakeholders from disparate functional groups to enable program creation, support, and execution.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; multi-lingual abilities a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience. MBA preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of experience in life sciences industry and/or in the Tech / SaaS space.
Medidata Solutions International Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Back to top