Senior Desktop Support Specialist
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Work with ES Systems and Network team to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file servers, email servers, print servers, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Train end-user community on appropriate use of approved Medidata hardware, software and peripheral equipment as required by Standard Operating Procedures.
- Recommend and/or perform upgrades on desktop/laptop systems to ensure uptime.
- Ensure all Medidata approved desktops, laptops and peripheral hardware is accurately inventoried and perform maintenance/spot checks with user community validating equipment is correctly assigned.
- On a daily basis, maintain asset management systems tracking all hardware and software items utilized by end-user community by fully understanding the Enterprise Support asset management lifecycle and following established asset management procedures.
- Work with Finance and internal ES staff facilitating approved purchases of hardware, software and other technologies within the guidelines of Standard Operation Procedures.
- May, with Enterprise Support engineers, collect/validate functional requirements of technical solution/s to determine whether researched solution is viable for purchases.
- Actively maintain and replenish commonly-used computer supplies necessary for day-to-day Enterprise Support operations.
- Work with Issue Tracking System to review, acknowledge, remedy and resolve all assigned end-user tickets in timely manner.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Ensure that all Medidata computers globally interconnect seamlessly with systems including file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
- Maintain and provide telephone system support and assistance.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
- Respond and contribute to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery circumstances relating to planned and unplanned events.
- Actively participate in scheduled off-hour operations, weekend work and on-call rotation shifts.
- Travel domestically or internationally to support global Datacenters, offices and events.
Your Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated proficiency supporting Windows 7 and Windows 8 desktop/laptop PCs.
- Experience supporting Mac OSX desktop/laptop systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic Networking concepts including TCP/IP.
- Familiarity with common workplace productivity computing applications, e.g. Microsoft products suites, email clients, calendaring, Internet usage, Antivirus, inventory management and backup procedures.
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Peripheral equipment and Servers.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs.
- Analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills; ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems.
- Daily commitment to high-quality results, Strong work ethic and Customer Service Excellence.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including via telephone.
- Ability to lift and handle packages/hardware with the approximate weight of 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to travel domestically and possibly internationally to support Medidata offices and events.
More on Medidata
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Back to top