Senior Communications / PR Manager
- Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is reinventing global drug and medical device development by creating the industry's leading cloud-based solutions for clinical research. Through our advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, Medidata helps advance the scientific goals of life sciences customers worldwide, including nearly 850 global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, and contract research organizations.
The Medidata Clinical Cloud® brings a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials that empower our customers to make more informed decisions earlier and faster. Our unparalleled clinical trial data assets provide deep insights that pave the way for future growth. The Medidata Clinical Cloud is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 17 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 16 of the top 20 medical device developers - from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting.
We are looking for a EMEA Senior Communications Manager based in the UK, that will help us take the next step in building a regional leading brand through proactive Communications.
As Senior Communications Manager, you will be responsible for designing, driving and executing integrated and innovative External Communications & PR programs that will further establish Medidata brand as the platform of choice for clinical trials in EMEA. Past experiences in opening net new market or in establishing brand awareness, reputation and thought leadership in DACH is a plus.
You will partner with the Global Corporate Communications & Demand teams in executing Medidata’s Social Media, Digital & PR strategy in region. You will also be working closely with our external Digital & PR agencies, Medidata leadership team and subject-matter experts (SMEs).
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about digital communications, PR and has solid experience in thinking innovatively about how to get the message to market and how to reach the target audience.
● Take a lead role in designing EMEA External Communications & PR Strategy
● Good balance between strategy, tactical and operations, between activating the plan directly and working with external Digital and PR agencies
● Own and manage agency relationships
● Coordinate all External Communications & PR activities, seeking an optimum balance between PR, Social and Digital
● Build relationships with thought leaders to grow market awareness of the Medidata portfolio
● Identify speaking opportunities across industry and media events for Medidata spokespeople maximizing exposure
● Support day-to-day communications & media relations activities, including industry trend research, identifying influencers, tailoring and developing content for EMEA, scheduling media interviews, editorial calendar management, press release distribution, thought leadership event planning sponsorship engagement and social media communications
● Help to ensure Medidata’s presence at tech and life sciences trade events through researching and flagging relevant speaking opportunities for SMEs, as well as assist in developing and submitting abstracts.
● Monitor, research and report on broad industry trends, peer companies and media & digital coverage.
● Drive continuous improvement of processes, practices and impact of communications and public relations activities; educate Marketing and other internal teams about best practices.
● Write, edit and coordinate blog posts, bylined articles, op-eds, memos, award submissions and
other content to support Medidata’s external communication initiatives for distribution through the media, company websites, social media channels, intranet and third-party sites / platforms.
● Work with Marketing Regional and Global colleagues to ensure consistency of campaign messages and to promote content across PR media, social and digital platforms.
● Build and maintain collaborative and mutually beneficial partnerships internally with global teams and externally with third-party partners.
● Assist global PR & Digital lead in ensuring external PR & Digital agencies deliverables are tracked, consistently meet deadlines and are completed within budget.
● Manage internal (and any necessary external) PR review / approval processes.
● Anticipate potential issues and implement appropriate actions to protect the company and its reputation.
● Track communication & digital activities, maintain ongoing PR & External Communications activity report and prepare tracker updates for the department, executives and others, as needed.
● Excellent communications and influencing skills
● Strong project management, copywriting, editing and proofing skills
● Experience in working with Social Media and / or PR and a passion for embracing the opportunities
● Experience in either life sciences / biopharmaceutical / technology industry and / or agency required
● Demonstrated experience conceptualizing, building and executing integrated communications programs that align with company objectives and produce significant results
● Ability to design and produce multi-channel and social content for diverse audiences
● Good understanding of the marketing mix and how to effectively engage with an external audience
● Ability to work independently with a hands-on approach
● Think and move fast while being a team player
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Communications, English, Journalism; or equivalent years of experience
● Requires a minimum of 8+ years of experience in Digital and External Communications, Public Relations, or Media Relations. Preferably within an agency or a fast-growing company setting.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
● TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top