Senior Business Analyst, mHealth
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Looking for the challenge of a lifetime while also helping millions of people live happier and healthier lives? The Medidata team is looking for a smart, driven Senior Product Owner to help drive our Mobile Health solutions to the next level. We’re harnessing a quickly growing trend within life sciences industry to elevate the patient’s voice throughout the clinical trial process, by enabling the capture of patient data in the real world, and engaging patients to ensure a higher quality experience. We’re utilizing mobile technology already in the pockets of most patients today, and taking advantage of the latest trends in apps, wearable sensors, and SDKs to push life sciences to rethink clinical trials in the 21st century.
The Senior Business Analyst is a member of our mobile health product team, reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management. In this role, you’ll be responsible for working with Medidata Product Management, Engineering and Client Services teams, to drive the planning and execution of our mHealth products development. You’ll play a central role in ensuring our latest innovative mHealth products are meeting customer and market needs, and are successfully being implemented by our clients.
- Work with client services teams to document business and functional requirements for upcoming mHealth implementations
- Develop user stories and drive agile processes with engineering teams to meet client timelines
- Actively identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that help drive customer experience and product improvements.
- Become a subject matter expert and product expert for our mHealth products
- Interact with Product and other internal stakeholders to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests
- Work with product members to finalize product priorities, including bug fixes
- Create and own the business/product requirements documentation
- Manage feature iteration throughout the product lifecycle
- Interact with architecture, engineering, and quality assurance teams during the software build and/or configuration process and testing process
- Work with Help Desk on product escalations, including working directly with clients as necessary to triage and resolve defects
- Participate in user focus groups and requirements workshops, training and demonstrations
- Take complete ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders
- Actively participate in meetings, including all agile meetings, and make valuable contribution
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues
- Ability to interact with technical resources and translate business needs to a technical team; effectively communicate technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders
- Ability to interact with customer users to understand their pain points and turn those into actionable user stories and product plans
- Critical thinking: Analysis and problem solving skills to address core business problems; Ability to effectively evaluate a problem or situation from all angles to determine the most appropriate solution
- Subject matter expertise with pharma / life sciences drug development processes is preferred, including familiarity with clinical research process, and eCOA/ePRO technologies
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of science
- At least 4 years of total work experience, with at least 2 years of experience working with technology teams in a business analyst or product owner role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills sufficient to present to both internal stakeholders and external product users
- Relevant experience with SaaS products and/or Life Sciences strongly preferred
- Agile experience strongly preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top