Senior Business Analyst
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Looking for the challenge of a lifetime while also helping millions of people live happier and healthier lives? The Medidata Platform team is looking for a smart, driven Senior Business Analyst to help drive our Platform solutions, enabling Medidata’s products with shared, centralized best-in-class administration and master data management capabilities. This role will interface with large clients, product owners, engineers, operations, and user experience designers to solve large, exciting challenges in the clinical trial technology space. The ultimate measure of success will be creation of innovative solutions that will be eagerly utilized and easily adopted by other Medidata products, pharma companies, and clinical research organizations of all sizes.
- Own current and new features used utilized by a large, fast growing global user base for administration, access management, and master data management
- Create and own detailed use cases, supporting functional requirements, workflows, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with product owners, UX designers, developers, internal subject matter experts, and customer end-users to understand and define the key problems, requirements, workflows, and define solutions
- Lead customer feedback sessions, preparing presentations and engaging end users to define innovative solutions
- Work closely with Medidata technology architecture teams to help drive service oriented architecture direction that aligns with the business needs of products and clients
- Be end-user and functional expert for a cross-functional Agile team of developers, quality assurance, documentation and training authors, and UX designers
- Work closely with development team in an Agile SCRUM environment to refine, prioritize and support the development, testing and release of functionality
- Review, prioritize,comment and follow-up on defects
- Can quickly and easily translate business requirements into functional requirements, workflows, well-defined user stories with acceptance criteria
- Can lead and participate in end-user and developer conversations and focus groups to ensure full understanding of the problems, their solutions, and the processes surrounding them
- Can work with engineering, user experience and software quality assurance to ensure the defined functional requirements are properly interpreted and implemented
- 3+ years experience as Business Analyst or similar product or technical role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to engage end-users on user interface workflows and functionality
- Experience with SaaS enterprise solutions and large clients
- Experience with managing a story backlog using the Agile methodology and tools
- Experience working with Agile development teams to successfully deliver enterprise software products
- Passion for creating customer value through innovative technology solutions
- Results-driven, data-driven, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, quantitative, and critical thinking abilities
- Strong people skills to lead collaboration across functions and organizations
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top