Senior Business Analyst
Where we play We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Medidata Product Management team is looking for a smart, driven Business Analyst to be an integral part in the development of our clinical payments offering that includes, but not limited to, the following areas:
• Global clinical trial payment disbursement
• Global tax calculation and management
• Global payment reporting and forecasting
The Senior Business Analyst will interface with clients, industry experts, product managers, engineers, operations, architects, UX, UI, and domain experts to help drive innovation within Medidata’s Payments offering. The product also integrates with other Medidata offerings to provide a seamless, end to end clinical trial solution.
• The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for creating business and functional requirements necessary to deliver new features and products in support of current and future customer and product needs
• Participate in the development of Medidata’s end to end solution to manage clinical payments, including the leverage of data and information from Medidata’s suite of clinical technology products
• Become the subject matter expert and product expert for the products surrounding this offering
• Understand client needs and market trends, through client interaction and other market research
• Aid the collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to develop, deliver, and maintain Medidata’s Payments capabilities
• Manage feature iteration throughout the product lifecycle
• Interact with architecture, engineering, and quality assurance teams during the software build and/or configuration and testing process.
• Assist in supporting product launches and upgrades.
• Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope.
• Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
• Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects meet specific standards.
• Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
• Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level.
• Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
• Actively participate in meetings, including all agile meetings, and make valuable contribution.
• Experience as a Business Analyst or junior Product Manager.
• Experience in workflow development & management
• Experience defining functionality and managing a story backlog using the Agile methodology and tools
• Passion for creating customer value through innovative technology solutions
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• General Life Sciences expertise a plus
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top