Senior Business Analyst
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Looking for the challenge of a lifetime while also helping millions of people live happier and healthier lives? The Data and Analytics product team at Medidata is looking for a smart, driven Senior Business Analyst to help drive our MEDS (Medidata Enterprise Data Store) cross-platform technology initiatives. This role will interface with clients and users as well as Medidata’s top architects, analysts, operations, data scientists, UX, UI, and engineers to turn data into actionable information.
The Business Analyst will interface with clients, industry experts, product managers, engineers, operations, architects, UX, UI, and domain experts to help drive innovation within Medidata’s Payments offering. The product also integrates with other Medidata offerings to provide a seamless, end to end clinical trial solution.
• Work under the direction of business leaders and product management to provide feature-based solutions that support Medidata product strategy
• Subject matter expert and product expert for at least one product
• Gain an understanding of client needs and market trends, through client interaction and other market research
• Interact with other Business Analysts, Product Owners and internal stakeholders to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests.
• Developing product requirements and processes for tools that make it easy for customers and internal teams to integrate and map to our services
• Work with product members to finalize product priorities, including bug fixes
• Create and own the business/product requirements documentation
• Interact with architecture, engineering, and quality assurance teams during the software build and/or configuration process and testing process.
• Directly interface with business users by responding to support calls escalated by the Help Desk.
• Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope.
• Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
• Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects meet specific standards
• Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
• Actively participate in meetings, including all agile meetings, and make valuable contribution.
• University degree, preferably in information systems, mathematics, computer science, or other relevant areas
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Sufficient to present to internal stakeholders
• Sufficient to present to external customers
• Ability to interact with technical resources and effectively communicate technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders
• Ability to translate business needs to a technical team
• Critical thinking: Analysis and problem solving skills to address core business problems; Ability to effectively evaluate a problem or situation from all angles to determine the most appropriate solution
• Must have passion for turning data into valuable information and knowledge
• Technical/software development experience a plus
• Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy
• Skilled at creating business cases that meet product and strategic company objectives
• 5+ years with BS, 3+ years with MS
• Relevant experience with SaaS products and/or Life Sciences strongly preferred
• Agile experience strongly preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top