Senior BI Developer
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data into researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia.
Big Data analytics is not just about managing more or diverse data. Rather, it is about asking new questions, formulating new hypotheses, exploration and discovery, and making data-driven decisions. The Big Data function is responsible for analytics infrastructure in the cloud by leveraging open source technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig and more. We expect our engineers to continuously be questioning, researching, simplifying, learning, and improving. The open source world moves fast and we expect all of our engineers to be in the lead.
- Design and build best-of-class interactions between Business Objects and internal systems
- Define and implement security interfaces between BO and Medidata-specific security constructs
- Test systems for security, scalability and stability
- Enhance and increase Business Objects SDK skills
- Increase and expand Amazon Web Services SDK skills
- Interact with Technical and Business teams to design, build and support complex reporting systems
- Load and transform real time data into analytics environments
- Contribute and work with various open source projects
- Build tools to make our infrastructure more accessible for our engineers and data analysts
- Help migrate business users and engineers from our traditional data-warehouse stack to our big data-warehouse infrastructure in the cloud
- Multidisciplinary work supporting reporting services, analytics pipelines and data warehouses
- Performance analysis and capacity planning for our growing clusters
- Mentor junior level team members
- Love to solve complex problems and provide simple elegant reliable solutions. Have a passion for developing efficient, testable, and well-documented code
- Strong experience with the Business Objects SDK for Java
- Experience interacting with security subsystems, includin oAuth and LDAP
- Pride yourself as professional Java developer and an expert in the OO programming paradigm
- Experience with common Object-oriented design patterns as applied to Java
- Experience performing Java CI/CB/CD using Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- Embrace the DevOps deployment mindset, preferably with experience using tools such as Docker, Ansible, Chef, and Capistrano to automate code deployment
- Design and implementation of APIs and services to expose the data and abstract the tools
- Relational Databases and persistence layers
- Unit testing (JUnit, Mockito, PowerMock) and documentation (Javadoc)
- Linux experience
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Modern scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc)Experience deploying and operating large scale, 24x7 transactional and asynchronous processes
- AWS SDK experience with an emphasis on EC2, S3 and IAM. A plus: DynamoDB, SWF, CloudWatch, SQS
- Agile/Sprint planning methodology, JIRA experience a plus
- Requires a MS/PHD in computer science or related field; or a BS in computer science or related field; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Intermedidate level Java required
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top