Senior Applications Engineer – Mobile Automation
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
We are seeking an experienced, automation engineer who has worked with native iOS and/or Android Engineer mobile applications. You will help Medidata create amazing, cloud based, high performing mobile applications for our suite of products by improving quality through automation. The software you will help build will be used to help our clients create life changing drugs and medical devices. Specifically, you will work with our Patient-facing product development team which is building Medidata’s next generation web and mobile products that will revolutionize the way clinical trials are conducted.
We want engineers:
- Who has created automated testing suites across multiple creative and innovative solutions in iOS and/or Android
- Who have experience testing a responsive and intuitive user experience accessible to anyone
- Who are excited about streaming large amounts of data safely, securely, and reliably through a mobile application as a part of larger distributed systems
- Who are passionate advocates for the quality of the products they build and test through automation
- Who work closely with product, architecture, testing and engineering team members to design and build services and applications that are scalable, reliable and highly available
- Who drive and consult on the adoption of new technology that will evolve Medidata’s Platform
Your Education & Experience:
- 5+ years developing software automations suites with a strong focus on iOS and/or Android
- Ability to trace and understand large and complex code bases
- Experience coaching engineers on writing and maintaining unit and integration tests
- Deep knowledge of UI/UX best practices & design standards for iOS and Android
- Ability to work closely with the product and design teams to customize the experience for the iOS and Android platforms
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Bonus: Experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations
Note: The requirements should reflect your minimum requirements for the role in general
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top