Senior Applications Engineer - Mobile
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata sits at the intersection of technology and the life sciences. We are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. We are at the forefront of the current transformation in the life sciences industry providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Medidata, headquartered in Manhattan, NY and with a growing engineering office in San Francisco, CA, is looking for iOS developers to build mobile applications to improve patient engagement in a clinical trial, and also to connect a patient’s web of devices and wearable sensors with the Medidata Platform to help improve clinical outcomes. The solutions are used by patients and professionals to generate a secure stream of actionable data for clinical trials in order to improve patient safety and ultimately to improve the quality of life for people everywhere.
Medidata is a leading provider of cloud based software as a service solution for clinical trial management and execution. You will be joining a team that values innovation and research. We expect our engineers to continuously be questioning, researching, simplifying, learning, and improving. We value and support open source software. The open source world moves fast and we expect all of our engineers to be in the lead.
We want engineers:
● Who have built creative and innovative solutions in iOS
● Who have experience designing a responsive and intuitive user experience accessible to anyone
● Who are excited about streaming large amounts of data safely, securely, and reliably through a mobile application as a part of larger distributed systems
● Who are passionate advocates for the quality of the products they build,. Code quality, yes, but also the design, usability, performance, reliability -- all of it.
● B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
● 5+ years of object/protocol oriented software development experience
● 5+ years building complex applications, with a strong focus on iOS and/or Android
● iOS: Deep knowledge of Swift, comfortable with Objective-C, Objective-C++.
● Android: Deep Android & Java knowledge, Kotlin experience & enthusiasm is a plus.
● Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases
● Comfortable working with cross platform libraries written in C++
● Experience writing and maintaining unit and integration tests.
● Knowledge of UI/UX best practices & design standards for iOS and Android.
● Work closely with the product and design teams to customize the experience for the iOS and Android platforms
● Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top