Senior Applications Engineer - Java / Scala
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%.
The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
As a Technical Expert:
● Be a hands-on contributor involved directly in development of Software Applications
● Provide solution to complex business problems and translate them to technology
● Adhere to the good engineering principles and provide high quality solution.
● Be aware of the new design patterns and provide solution based on the selected patterns.
● Review the code written by other team members.
● Competent in technical stack of choice
● Help the team to debug the production issues and provide possible workarounds and solutions.
As an Agile Team Member:
● Working as pair with other team members.
● Working closely with SQA and BA
● Actively participate in the Scrum meetings.
● Contribute in Scrum Artefacts.
● Present sprint achievements in reveal.
● Worked on large scale Java or Scala project in enterprise environment.
● Practical experience in using Databases (mySQL).
● Experience with TDD and BDD.
● Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and debugging web services.
● Sound understanding of source control.
● Thrives in a team environment and has strong people communication skills.
Your Preferred Competencies:
● Exposure to Akka-HTTP and Play2 framework.
● Familiarity with UI frameworks like React, Angular, Backbone.
● Development in SaaS and cloud-based environments.
● Experience in working with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
Your Education & Experience:
● Typically requires strong related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or good and a Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
To learn more about a career at Medidata, please visit http://medidata.careers/.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top