- Cincinnati, OH
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Senior Applications Engineer contractor will be primarily responsible for providing Design, Development, Improvement, Troubleshooting and Maintenance for the web-based Clinical trial application, Rave Imaging. The successful Engineer will be solution oriented, adapt to changing environments, and able to work with minimal defined requirements while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
As a Senior Applications Engineer you will have the opportunity to work as an individual contributor as part of an Agile team that is delivering technical upgrades and enhancements to existing Java web applications and web services.
- Provide diagnostic support, identify root causes and bug fixing to the regulated clinical trial application and commercial web application as well as the tools used in conjunction with the applications: File Transfer Agents, Imaging Director, restful API.
- Participating in code reviews and making recommendations on requirements and standard methodologies.
- Utilize appropriate Agile methods to solve problems in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements.
- Work with Agile team members, particularly Software Quality Assurance and Product Management, to write clear, concise and comprehensive feature files.
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
- Submit pull requests through GitHub and respond appropriately to any issues with the build, unit tests or code reviews.
- Effectively communicates technical information and processes to relevant partners (e.g., cross-functional groups, clients)
- Identify tasks in planning, contribute to scenario writing, and actively contribute at retrospectives
- Service-Oriented Architecture (REST, SOAP, JSON, XML and related technologies)
- AngularJS, JQuery, Ajax, Junit, package management are a plus
- Experience with AWS, S3 preferred
- Schema-less databases, such as MongoDB helpful
- SQL Development (Stored Procedures, Views, Query Optimization, etc.)
- Experience developing and/or maintaining a production application
- Code repositories such as GitHub
- Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Hudson
- Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Familiarity using bug-tracking tools such as Jira
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Experience working in a regulated environment with clinical trials data and CDISC standards preferred
- Understanding of Agile methods such as Scrum preferred
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in CS or MIS or equivalent experience in related roles
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top