Senior Applications Engineer - Java
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
You will be working on a Software-as-a-service (SaaS) web-based system solution for managing and tracking clinical operations empowering life sciences companies to manage and collaborate on clinical trial operations efficiently and perform tasks in a time-saving, automated process.
- Be a hands-on contributor as part of a team of Software Engineers, developing and maintaining web solutions.
- Collaborate on troubleshooting production issues and provide possible workarounds and solutions in a timely manner
- Be an active positive contributor to team meetings
- Practice good engineering and uphold high coding standards in yourself and others.
- Contribute to continuous integration pipeline and in addressing technical debt.
- Strong proficiency with Java.
- Basic understanding of XML.
- Ability to use disparate pieces of information to drive investigation and problem solving.
- Expert-level experience in troubleshooting & debugging web server platforms and software, crafting technical solutions that are business and customer driven.
- Experience working on relational databases with exposure to nosql solutions
- Performance monitoring/alerting/tuning
- Mentoring and leading less experienced team members of the team
- Interest in working in an Agile and XP environment
- Advocate for TDD, BDD and automation.
- Experience of Linux and associated tools & utilities
- Ability to communicate high-level technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience in working with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with Git, GitHub.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
More on Medidata
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Clinical Data Content Senior Analyst
Mark creates and curates data sets for pharmaceutical companies in order to help them bring new oncology medicines to the market in safer, more efficient manners.
Back to top