Senior Applications Engineer - Front End
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
As a Technical Expert:
• Be a hands-on contributor involved directly in the development of Software Applications
• Provide solutions to complex business problems and translate them to technology
• Adhere to good engineering principles and provide high quality solution.
• Be aware of new design patterns and provide solutions based on the selected patterns.
• Competent in technical stack of choice
• Help the team to debug the production issues and provide possible workarounds and solutions.
As an Agile Team Member:
• Working as pair with other team members.
• Working closely with Software Quality Assurance and Business Analysts
• Actively participate in the Scrum meetings.
• Contribute in Scrum Artefacts.
• Present sprint achievements in reveal.
• Thrives in a team environment and has strong people communication skills.
• Experience with technologies like Scala/Java project in enterprise environment.
• Practical experience in using Databases (mySQL).
• Experience with TDD and BDD.
• Demonstrated expert-level experience in troubleshooting and debugging web services.
• Basic understanding of source control.
Your Preferred Competencies:
• Exposure to Node, JQuery, package management, Mocha.
• Responsive UI, and UI Frameworks like React-JS, Redux.
• Good experience with Akka-HTTP and Play2 framework.
• Good knowledge of git and git-flow.
• Development in SaaS and cloud-based environments.
Your Education & Experience:
• Typically requires strong related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or good and a Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top