Senior Applications Engineer
Medidata is looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to design, enhance and implement new features and functionality in Medidata’s Medical Imaging Solution. Medical Imaging is a critical piece of the clinical trial process and part of Medidata’s strategy to grow to over one billion dollars in revenue.
The Senior Applications Engineer will be primarily responsible for providing Design, Development, Improvement, Troubleshooting and Maintenance for web-based/Desktop applications. The successful Engineer will be solution oriented, adapt to changing environments, and able to work with minimal defined requirements while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
As a Senior Applications Engineer you will have the opportunity to work as an individual contributor or as a technical lead of a team of developers, based on the size and scope of a feature.
You will work at the highest levels taking the product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation and support. You will develop software applications and associated artifacts such as unit tests, installation programs and test automation code. You will apply good technical practices such as continuous integration, test automation, source code control and review.
• Provide diagnostic support, identify root causes and bug fixing
• Participating in code reviews and making recommendations on requirements and standard methodologies
• Utilize appropriate methods to solve problems in an accurate and efficient manner
• Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
• Work with Agile team members, particularly Software Quality Assurance and Product Management, to write clear, concise and comprehensive feature files
• Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
• Submit pull requests and respond appropriately
• Effectively communicates technical information and processes to relevant partners (e.g., cross-functional groups, clients)
• Identify tasks in planning, contribute to scenario writing, provide estimates in backlog grooming, and actively contribute at retrospectives
Your Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in CS or MIS or equivalent experience in related roles
• Service-Oriented Architecture (REST, SOAP, JSON, XML and related technologies)
• AngularJS, JQuery, Ajax, Junit, package management are a plus
• Schema-less databases, such as MongoDB
• SQL Development (Stored Procedures, Views, Query Optimization, etc.)
• Experience developing and/or maintaining a production application
• Code repositories such as GitHub
• Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Hudson
• Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode
• Familiarity using bug-tracking tools such as Jira
• Strong analytical and debugging skills
• Experience with TDD and BDD
• Experience working in a regulated environment with clinical trials data and CDISC standards preferred
• Understanding of Agile methods such as Scrum preferred
• Ability to multitask; manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible, independent and self-motivated
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
To learn more about a career at Medidata, please visit http://medidata.careers/.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top