Senior Applications Engineer
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner.
We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
We are currently hiring for a Senior Level full stack Engineer with strong skills in UI engineering to help Medidata create amazing, cloud based, high quality, high performing web applications for our Strategic Monitoring suite of products. The software you will create will be used to help our clients create life changing drugs and medical devices.
You will have great verbal and written communication skills, and as a senior developer, want to mentor junior developers, and influence change among your peers.
● Produce quality code that advances standards
● Make PRs that are more than just code; they evolve the patterns on our platform
● Be a self-starter who is committed to lifelong learning.
● Expand our narrative library of BDD features, in partnership with Business Analysts and Software Quality Assurance.
● Passionately pursue evolution of the product and your teammates’ minds.
● Help to improve the team and organization process
● Design and development of distributed services using Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Postgres amongst other tools.
● Knowledge of REST and experience in developing RESTful services
● Capability to develop scalable, highly performant code
● Works collaboratively as part of the development team with product managers, UI engineers and UX designers, in an agile environment
● Ability to debug and analyze issues in a distributed SOA environment to find root causes and make technical impact assessments
● Can thrive working in a fast paced dynamic environment
● A desire to stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts
Your Education & Experience:
● 2+ years of Experience building SPA applications using ReactJS
● 2+ Years of experience preferred in any of the technologies like Ruby on Rails, Java or C# .NET
● 2+ Years of experience building SPA applications using any of the frameworks like ReactJS, Angularjs, backbone etc…
● Good knowledge of building distributing applications with Micro Services
● Debugging tools and techniques, especially in a SOA architecture
● Knowledge of cross browsers support
● Command of your editor, IDE, git, and other development environment
● Open source community conventions and involvement
● Ability to effectively critique other’s code in Pull Requests
● Capacity to refactor code for purposes of efficiency, improved performance
● Experience with complex SQL queries and database performance issues
● Experience with deploying to cloud hosting environments, such as AWS
● Experience with NoSQL databases would be definite plus
● Healthcare and clinical trial domain experience a definite plus
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top