Senior Applications Engineer (Coder)
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Medidata is looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to design, enhance and implement new features and functionality in Medidata’s Medical Coding Service - Coder. Medical coding is a critical piece of the clinical trial process and part of Medidata’s strategy to grow to over one billion in revenue.Coder is a mature, single-instance, multi-tenant web service supporting hundreds of clinical trials. Our application is built with C#, leverages Microsoft’s SQL server database and is hosted in AWS. Our front end uses Asp.NET, HTML/CSS, Bootstrap and AngularJS. As an engineer on Coder, you'll be challenged both to develop new features in response to market demand and improve the performance and scalability of the application to meet the rapidly growing user base.
- Design and enhance features for a large-scale service environment using OO principles with a deep focus on performance, scalability, quality and extensibility
- Full stack development, including APIs, using C# and Microsoft SQL server
- Embrace test-driven development with complete code coverage and continuous integration
- Provide diagnostic support and fix bugs for service features
- Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
- Work with Agile team members, particularly Software Quality Assurance and Product Management, to write clear, concise and comprehensive features
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
- Share your knowledge and experience with a highly motivated and collaborative team in regards to code reviews, software designs as well as all other engineering and business aspects
- Consistently execute against a product roadmap to deliver multiple features across Coder's portfolio of service components enabling our clients to more effectively run their clinical trials.
- Proven experience with the .NET framework building full stack, enterprise systems and transforming traditional monolithic frameworks into modern SOA architectures.
- Ability to solve complex problems and provide solutions that can be applied optimally in a service environment
- Proven cross functional collaboration with groups like customer care, service delivery (hosting and DevOps), test, project management, and product management to create positive change within your project teams
- Effective communication skills to relay technical information to various cross functional teams and clients
- Effectively execute processes associated with the software development life cycle
- Awareness of and experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS and Azure.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; or equivalent years of experience
- Extensive experience supporting SOA applications built with C#
- Experience with SQL optimization and database schema design
- Experience with Git preferred
- Experience designing and writing unit and scenarios tests to maintain a high level of code coverage and quality standards
- Experience working with Agile methods such as Scrum preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Director of Global Engagement
Rochelle oversees Medidata’s company-wide diversity and inclusion strategies and initiatives, executing and analyzing engagement surveys that allow her to create and complete important action items.
Back to top