Senior Applications Engineer
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
As a Technical Expert:
• Work closely with relevant functional teams to contribute in the design, implementation, testing, validation and support of applications and services
• Suggest and implement solutions to complex business problems
• Adhere to the good engineering principles and practices
• Apply the relevant design patterns to solve problems
• Review code written by other engineers
• Pair up with other engineers and test engineers on related tasks
• Willingness to expand on current technical skillset, as necessary
• Mentor junior engineers and seek guidance from other senior engineers
• Work diligently to achieve personal, team, department and organisational goals
As an Agile Team Member:
• Actively participate in the Scrum meetings
• Contribute in Scrum Artefacts
• Present sprint achievements in reveal
• Thrive in a team environment showing flexibility and dependability
• Exhibit effective communication skills
• Provide and welcome honest feedback to and from others
• Optimise for the success of whole team
• Good experience with Scala, Akka and Play framework
• Good experience with Node.js and creating reusable components using React and Redux
• Good experience of having worked on a large scale Java project
• Good experience of in MySQL or a similar relational database
• Good understanding of HTML and CSS
• Demonstrable problem solving skills
• Basic understanding of Git
• Experience of supporting web applications with ability to troubleshoot and root cause analysis
• Experience of working on an agile team practising scrum or kanban
Preferred Additional Competencies:
• Experience of Behaviour Driven and Test Driving development
• Experience of designing, implementing and maintaining microservices
• Experience in working with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
• Passion to stay up to date with new relevant tools and technologies and industry practices
• Good understanding of both functional and object oriented programming concepts
• Proficient in an object oriented programming language
• Good understanding of REST, JSON and RFCs
• Good understanding of security concepts
• Experience of automating cloud based deployments
Your Education & Experience:
Typically requires strong related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or good and a Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top