Senior Applications Engineer
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%.
The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
The Software Engineer Function is responsible for hands-on development of Medidata’s software applications. The Engineer is one who works very quickly to resolve high impact, challenging, engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
• Actively pair programmes with other engineers and testers.
• Uses TDD and BDD in all aspects of development.
• Researches, and applies TDD and XP engineering practices
• Apply good technical practices such as continuous integration, test automation, source code control and review
• Provide diagnostic support and bug fixing for software applications
• Work with Agile team members, particularly Software Quality Assurance and Product Management, to write clear, concise and comprehensive feature files
• Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
• Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
What we need from you:
• Proven ability to utilise appropriate methods to solve problems in an accurate and efficient manner
• Experience with relevant programming technologies, such as Java, Ruby, SQL, XML
• Experience developing and/or maintaining a production application
• Experience working with Agile methods such as Scrum and XP preferred
• Can effectively communicate technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders (e.g., cross-functional groups, clients)
• Effectively executes processes associated with the software development life cycle
• Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of relevant concepts, applications, and programming languages across the enterprise SaaS space
• Contribute to scenario writing, retrospectives etc
• Apply simple platform design principles locally, using TDD, BDD
• Can show awareness of the impact of design on performance, e.g. through algorithmic complexity, N+1 fetching, etc
• University degree preferred; major in computer science, information systems or or equivalent experience
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top