Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
Perform analysis on Security and Safety programs and support the metrics and reporting of metrics to the team.
• Responsible for analysis associated to the elements of the Security and Safety program and support the metrics and reporting’s team.
• Prepare security reports for investigations, access, etc., using the physical security system.
• Design and develop high-impact presentations and analysis needed by the Director, Global Security and/or the VP of Workplace Solutions.
• Administer the physical badge system globally, including systems upgrades.
• Issue physical badges and distribute globally through local or global satellite systems and resources.
• Assist in investigations.
• Provide security services to internal corporate events in person or via a third party
• Backup to Global Security Director
• Backup to NYC Receptionist
• Assist in global construction projects on the systems design
• Order security supplies
• Strong security systems knowledge
• Solid analytical skills and ability to consolidate and synthesize data so it is easily understood by audience
• Strong working knowledge of reporting systems
• Ability to present analytical data concisely and effectively
• Sensitivity to diverse global cultures
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate security related matters
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships within HR and Workplace Solutions teams.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Understands the reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of Google, Excel and other tools used to produce analytical analysis
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required; preferred in security/law enforcement or relevant work experience
• Requires a minimum of 5+ years of experience preferably in security, law enforcement.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top