Release Manager (Data & Analytics)
Medidata provides comprehensive analytics and technology to tackle today’s challenges impacting precision medicine. This role in Data Science will contribute to Medidata’s mission by ensuring the timely and high quality refresh of analytic database content underlying our clinical analytics products that drive customer innovation. Bring your experience with managing builds and releases of data to the creation of new, industry-leading scientific analytic products in the field of clinical development.
- Manage workflows and activities of Data Science teams to ensure regular updates to the content of clinical analytics databases used in customer facing products.
- Build and continually optimize work processes for team execution of periodic analytic data releases.
- Each release cycle, coordinate with biostatisticians and data operations staff to qualify new data for inclusion, run automated data transformation and QA methods, identify and validate data content changes, and author data release notes.
- Owns data release management lifecycle that includes preparing release calendar, scheduling updates, coordinating and managing data enhancements and updates.
- Responsible for implementing and managing release processes for data releases.
- Identify, monitor and mitigate risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Prepare and communicate project plans, commitments, and changes including specifications and requirements, test plans, and spec/scope changes to stakeholders.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to integrate data content changes with production pipelines and software releases.
- Ensure analytical data releases are rigorously checked for quality and comply with Medidata’s data governance policy.
- Manage customer data configurations for clinical analytics deliveries.
- Maintain inventory of analytical data versions delivered to customers.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS, Masters preferred, in a quantitative, technology, or life sciences discipline.
- 5-8 years experience building data or technology solutions throughout the SDLC in medium to large enterprises.
- 2 years experience managing data releases.
- Experience working with ETL processes for analytics.
- Experience with data QC/QA processes, including statistical and automated approaches.
- Knowledge of SAS, SQL, or R for database queries and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and virtual teams.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Prefer knowledge of clinical trials or healthcare data.
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top