Regional Account Manager
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
As the Regional Account Manager for Medidata, you are responsible for identifying and closing new sales opportunities of our market leading solutions, within your assigned territory. We don’t expect you to do this on your own – we have a wealth of talented colleagues and teams, who are there be leveraged in order to maximize your success
• Utilize your track record in consultative/solution selling to identify, qualify, manage and close new business opportunities
• Develop, manage and grow a robust pipeline in order to consistently meet/exceed your quarterly and annual sales targets
• Partner and collaborate with your sales colleagues, and other teams, to enable you to close these opportunities
• Develop, implement and execute on your territory plan for your region
• Represent Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
• Ensure all account and opportunity data is up to date and maintained within our company systems – including SalesForce.com
• Willing and able to travel within your territory (up to 50% at peak times)
• You have a proven track record in successfully identifying and closing new business opportunities as well as consistent over achievement or targets
• Excellent rapport building skills– you are able to connect with stakeholders and influencers at all levels within the account
• You don’t sell a product – you sell value; you are a true consultative sales professional, having gained this experience through selling software and/or services into the Life Sciences market
• You’re tenacious, determined and proactive; you enjoy achieving success in a sales role and exceeding your sales targets and expectations
• You understand that sales are not down to luck, it’s a process; you are well versed in adopting sales methodologies and following them through - particularly consultative, solution selling and/or Value selling principles.
• You have kudos and credibility with senior stakeholders, as well as being able to understand the organizational landscape and political dynamics of your accounts; you are their trusted advisor
• Strong business planning and organizational skills,and a passion for the life sciences space
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum 5-year track record of success in exceeding yearly sales targets
• A good understanding of the Life Sciences vertical would be highly desirable.
• Strong understanding/experience of solution/consultative sales techniques and methodologies
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top