Quota and Commission Analyst
The Sales Quotas and Commissions Analyst will provide mission critical support in the areas of sales compensation management and reporting. This role will assist the Director of Sales Operations and other Sales leaders with all aspects of designing, implementing, calculating, tracking, and reporting Sales quotas and commissions, in collaborations with other functions such as Finance and Human Resources.
• Performs activities needed for the development, implementation, communication and administration of sales commission or incentive programs, plans, policies and quotas.
• Calculates commission/incentive award payments to sales personnel based on commission plan provisions.
• Runs and analyzes commission reporting from various sources, validates data and researches all exceptions.
• Resolves reconciliation issues related to commission data and/or compensation payouts.
• Reviews commission payment reports for accuracy and completeness. Able to verify and follow through, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of commission payments as outlined in the plan.
• Analyze sales performance results, prepare commission expense reports, presentations and recommendations for Sales and Finance management.
• Uses spreadsheets, SFDC and other internal systems or dedicated applications (e.g. Anaplan, Callidus) to develop and analyze quotas, and gather data for payment calculations or analysis.
• May contribute to the development or improvement of systems to effectively track or capture data. May perform cost analysis or modeling of alternative commission/incentive plan design or quota levels.
• 3+ years’ experience in sales compensation or related field.
• Highly proficient in SFDC and Microsoft Excel, including Pivot tables and complex formulas.
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; a detail oriented clear thinker who can distill complex topics into clear summaries.
• Team Player – able to deal with different departments on a daily basis in order to complete core responsibilities such as Finance, Sales, IT, Finance and Human Resources.
• Strong organization, communication, and inter-personal skills. Able to efficiently and accurately manage daily responsibilities independently in order to allow time for special projects.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top