Proposals & Contracts Developer
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 13,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
As the Proposals and Contracts Analyst with Medidata Solutions, you are a key player in enabling our sales and professional services teams to support them in the pricing of our products and services, drafting of statements of work, and amendments to statements of work. You will also be our go to person, and expert, in the contract and pricing methodology behind Medidata’s products and services; and will be interfacing with internal and external customers to share that expertise.
• Partnering with multiple internal stakeholders and departments – including Sales Account Managers, Sales leadership and Professional Services teams, to support them in developing pricing of our products and services
• Developing statements of work/amendments to statements of work using the company’s Quote Generator (proprietary pricing and proposal tool set) and/or pricing methodology as required.
• Training and coaching our pricing methodology to personnel within Medidata, as well as customers if required.
• Ensuring all the appropriate approvals are in place for pricing adjustments, statement of work and amendment to statement of work delivery.
• Interfacing with colleagues in our Legal department, to expedite legal review and approval of final statements of work, and amendments to statements of work as required.
• Developing and maintaining customer specific guidelines for unique customer pricing and/or statement of work/amendment to statement of work formats.
• Facilitating regular updates and maintenance to contractual templates as required.
• Assisting in contractual data analysis, and working on ad-hoc project as required.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Bachelors Degree, or equivalent relevant experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid analytical and negotiation skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Contract management experience within CROs or other application software providers
• Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business, Finance or Computer Science
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including Visual Basic for Applications, macros and advanced security techniques
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top