Proposals and Contracts Developer
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Proposals & Contracts Developer supports Global/Regional Account Managers, Sales Management, and the Professional Services department in the pricing of our products and services, the development of formal proposals, the drafting of statements of work and the preparation of the financial aspects of RFI / RFP responses. The Proposals & Contracts Developer is an expert in the pricing methodology behind Medidata’s products and services, and interface with numerous departments within Medidata as well as with our customers to share that pricing expertise.
• Oversee the collection of assumptions and parameters required for detailed pricing of Medidata’s software and services.
• Develop proposals and contracts using the company’s pricing tool and/or pricing methodology as required.
• Conduct and/or participate in pricing meetings with customers.
• Facilitate required approvals by appropriate management for pricing adjustments and sales order delivery.
• Interface with Legal department staff to expedite legal review and approval of final sales order as required.
• Develop and maintain customer specific guidelines for unique customer pricing and/or sales order formats.
• Facilitate regular updates and maintenance to the pricing tool and contractual templates as required.
• Generate reports using CRM system and maintain system to reinforce Sales Intelligence.
• Assist with ad hoc projects and projects as required.
• Suggest customers in offering of various products.
Your Required Competencies:
• Solid analytical and negotiation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese (native level) and English (business level).
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Command of native Japanese with business level English is required.
Your Preferred Competencies:
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including Visual Basic for Applications, macros and advanced security techniques
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelors Degree required (preferably in the Life Sciences, Business, Finance or Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience or equivalent relevant experience
• Contract management experience within CROs or other application software providers preferred.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top