Project Manager, Engineering and Design - Level 2
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
We have an opportunity for a strong agile Project Manager to join our team in NYC, developing clinical cloud solutions at Medidata. As this is one of our key solutions, you will be used to managing software development in mid/ large teams. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending. Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within defined timelines.
The Project Manager will also work across the portfolio with Product Managers, functional stakeholders and management to ensure standardized processes are established across the software development lifecycle and release management to drive the development of high quality, high value software products within an Agile environment.
• Full accountability for the management of project timelines, scope and milestones for one or more projects.
Manage the complete Software Development Lifecycle.
• Serve as the primary interface between Product Management, Research and Development, and IT on deliverables, timelines, priorities and issues regarding the project.
• Oversight of one or more vertical teams in the agile environment. Pro-active communication with all stakeholders.
• Oversee product releases of your assigned project(s) by coordinating Engineering, Software Quality Assurance, Technical Communications, Knowledge Management, Internal Compliance, Application Support, Delivery Services, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Reporting, and Technical Communicators.
• Anticipate risks to your assigned project(s) and across all portfolios/projects and communicate these risks/issues to management, and offer creative solutions.
• Responsible for deliverables including project plans, issues lists, status reports, and meeting agendas with action items.
• Responsible for the tracking documentation, including specifications, validation plans, installation/operational/performance qualifications, validation summaries, etc.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of core products.
Agile / Scrum Responsibilities:
• Schedule and facilitate daily SCRUM meetings with the agile teams to review cross-project progress and issues, including deliverables and action items.
• Schedules and leads the sprint planning and release planning exercises. PM will facilitate the brainstorming sessions (backlog grooming during each sprint).
• Leads product teams in adopting Agile / Scrum methodology via training and coaching. PM will encourage self-organized teams, but is accountable for Agile usage.
• Communication Skills:
o Clearly communicates with team Active participant in discussions Can successfully lead discussions when expected to do so Has excellent written skills. Can create presentation materials.
• Leadership Skills:
o Viewed as a competent, valued contributor to the team Capable of guiding/leading meetings and discussions
Your Education & Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years of software development and/or project management experience is required
• Background in applying rigorous project management practices preferred
• Scrum Master Certification preferred,
• PMI certification (for example, PMP or PMI-ACP Certification) is preferred
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top