Product Portfolio Manager
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Portfolio and Program Manager, Product is responsible for 3 primary functions:
1. Overseeing Cross-Product Programs and Initiatives: Lead various initiatives on ad-hoc basis; may include working with product leads to consolidate roadmaps for client communications, board meetings or quarterly earning calls; establishing and maintaining consistent processes across all product teams.
2. Portfolio Management: Establishing project and program level reporting and dashboards for visibility and portfolio-level decision making; organizing and standardizing program status meetings and review checkpoints, presenting program statuses to technology leadership team and senior management.
3. Product Lifecycle Framework: Tracking products through Medidata’s Lifecycle process; assisting in developing and maintaining all related artifacts across each functional area (product management, marketing, sales, professional services, customer care, etc.) and providing weekly reporting and dashboards on progress.
As the Product Management organization’s portfolio and program manager, you will:
• Develop portfolio tracking and reporting to provide visibility across all product initiatives, and to ensure execution of key initiatives; collaborate with PMO and other product leaders to track all initiatives for visibility and prioritization
• Coordinate program activities and tracking of key initiatives with product management team and key stakeholders across the organization. Prepare presentations for various internal stakeholders including technology teams, operational teams and executives
• Develop communication tools and channels to provide transparency on product strategy, roadmaps, and delivery plans and schedules and ensure they are continually maintained
• Assist VP Product to deploy a cross-functional Product Management Lifecycle Framework for our portfolio of products and services, collaborate with functional department leads to ensure adoption of Medidata’s Product Lifecycle Framework
• Establish milestones and key artifacts (such as product plans and business cases), through collaboration with key internal stakeholder functional organizations; establish regular checkpoint meetings with key Medidata stakeholders for go/no-go decisions, portfolio prioritization and other business needs
The Portfolio and Program Manager, Product will be a seasoned, disciplined and passionate manager with proven experience managing complex, multi-discipline projects and programs. The role requires a smart, creative and highly organized individual that has demonstrated that s/he can lead and track progress of several initiatives at one time – e.g. ability to multi-task.
• Portfolio management experience establishing and overseeing processes to manage a portfolio of software products, and using tools to track the portfolio and product initiatives that are contending for investment
• Extensive experience managing product development initiatives, as well as business-focused initiatives such as go-to-market programs
• Experience managing delivery of an enterprise product line using Agile-Scrum development methodologies
• Successful track record in collaborating across organizational functions and driving cross-functional initiatives
• Strong operational mindset, decisive, “get it done” mentality
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where handling pressure and achieving deadlines are normal
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• High integrity person who can build productive, long-lasting relationships at all levels
• Experience in the life sciences industry and in the clinical trials space is desirable
• BS/BA degree required
• 5-7 years portfolio and program management experience
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top