Product Marketing Manager
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
As the Product Marketing Manager for Data and Analytics, you will lead the go-to-market for some of Medidata’s most innovative products. These products are beginning to receive industry recognition for their innovative capabilities in the realms of clinical trial genomics and synthetic control arms.
You will work closely with the Senior Director of Product Marketing on customer insights, go-to-market plans, messaging and content, lead generation, and field marketing tactics. To thrive in this role, it will be important that you’re equally comfortable with market research, analysis, messaging, enablement, campaign creation, and writing content. This position requires a poised self-starter who can run with direction as well as take initiative in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Develop go-to-market plans for each launch including positioning, messaging, sales enablement materials, internal and external communication materials, promotional activities, and other deliverables, as appropriate
- In time, identify and evaluate new verticals for business develop and identify key problems and purchase drivers
- Be in market often so that you are at the pulse of customer needs and how our evolving offering needs to be shaped to meet those needs
- Research and report competitor capabilities and initiatives
- Collaborate with product teams to appropriate product roadmap and position and bring to market new capabilities
- Conceive and create thought leadership and educational content to broaden the awareness and understanding of our product
- Provide marketing support to the sales team in researching prospects and generating and customizing collateral and presenting at customer meetings
- Create customer personas which will serve as inspiration and guides for marketing initiatives
- Initiate, manage, and optimize lead-gen activities including trade conferences, webcasts, email marketing, and SEM
- Learn and demonstrate the platform during customer-facing presentations
- Generate customer success case studies through customer interviews and metrics from the platform
- Manage to an agreed schedule of deliverables and within agreed budgets. Manage oversight tools in support
- Knowledge and experience in the development, marketing and/or sales of enterprise software - especially hosted, web-based software
- A tight and fluid link between left and right brain, the position requires both creative and analytical skills
- Excellent writing and editorial skills and proven content creation experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in designing and executing marketing and communications programs
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Computer Sciences or Life Sciences, or equivalent experience; Master's degree or MBA a plus
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience, with knowledge and experience in the life science or technology industry
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top