Product Marketing Manager
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
As the Product Marketing Manager for Data and Analytics, you will lead the go-to-market for some of Medidata’s most innovative products. These products are beginning to receive industry recognition for their innovative capabilities in the realms of clinical trial genomics and synthetic control arms.
You will work closely with the VP of Product Marketing on customer insights, go-to-market plans, messaging and content, lead generation, and field marketing tactics. To thrive in this role, it will be important that you’re equally comfortable with market research, analysis, messaging, enablement, campaign creation, and writing content.
This position requires a poised self-starter who can run with direction as well as take initiative in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Develop go-to-market plans for each launch including positioning, messaging, sales enablement materials, internal and external communication materials, promotional activities, and other deliverables, as appropriate
• In time, identify and evaluate new verticals for business develop and identify key problems and purchase drivers
• Be in market often so that you are at the pulse of customer needs and how our evolving offering needs to be shaped to meet those needs
• Research and report competitor capabilities and initiatives
• Collaborate with product teams to appropriate product roadmap and position and bring to market new capabilities
• Conceive and create thought leadership and educational content to broaden the awareness and understanding of our product
• Provide marketing support to the sales team in researching prospects and generating and customizing collateral and presenting at customer meetings
• Create customer personas which will serve as inspiration and guides for marketing initiatives
• Initiate, manage, and optimize lead-gen activities including trade conferences, webcasts, email marketing, and SEM
• Learn and demonstrate the platform during customer-facing presentations
• Generate customer success case studies through customer interviews and metrics from the platform
• Manage to an agreed schedule of deliverables and within agreed budgets. Manage oversight tools in support
• Knowledge and experience in the development, marketing and/or sales of enterprise software - especially hosted, web-based software
• A tight and fluid link between left and right brain, the position requires both creative and analytical skills
• Excellent writing and editorial skills and proven content creation experience
• Strong presentation skills
• Experience in designing and executing marketing and communications programs
• Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Computer Sciences or Life Sciences, or equivalent experience; Master's degree or MBA a plus
• Requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience, with knowledge and experience in technology, SaaS, or the analytics industry
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top