Product Director, eCOA
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Define and own the product vision and maintain the product roadmap for Medidata’s ePRO/eCOA solution
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to develop, deliver, and maintain Medidata’s ePRO/eCOA capabilities
- Identify and drive innovation initiatives to push Medidata’s offering beyond standard eCOA functionality and continue disrupting the market, including fully virtual clinical trials
- Define GTM strategy including market segmentation, key value differentiators, and successful product features to continue gaining market share within the ~$600mm eCOA market
- Measure the success of your products by defining and monitoring key metrics and adoption rates
- Understand market trends, competitive forces, and regional and global industry eCOA regulations
- Perform analysis on technical, operational, and market considerations for new product development and differentiation
- Develop pricing strategies and evaluate product positioning to ultimately recommend whether to invest, sustain, or retire functionality or product offerings
- Be the voice and champion of your product to management
- Support the sales team with sales strategy, vision and roadmap materials, and presentations
- Work closely with Professional Services teams to define and implement services that support your products. Take ownership not just of your product’s features, but of the overall success of clients’ end-to-end experience.
- Contribute to internal, external, and industry wide thought-leadership & knowledge sharing initiatives
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify how we can expand a customer relationship, and implements said plan across the organization
- Present completed business plans to executives and internal stakeholders to help shape product strategy and gain budget approval
- Subject matter expertise with pharma / life sciences drug development, including familiarity with clinical research process and patient reported outcomes.
- Experience with ePRO/eCOA technologies including expecting feature sets and broad understanding of competitive offerings
- Familiarity with the process of developing, migrating, and validating ePRO/eCOA instruments to digital implementations; Ideally have been directly involved in all three steps
- Working knowledge of FDA/EMA and other global regulations and best practices for eCOA data collection
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Comfortable presenting to Medidata Senior Leadership and executive / key buyer personnel at customers.
- Experience leading SaaS products and Agile product development teams
- Agile experience strongly preferred
- Ability to interact with technical resources and translate business needs to a technical team; effectively communicate technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders
- Ability to interact with customer users to understand their pain points and turn those into actionable user stories and product plans
- Critical thinking: Analysis and problem solving skills to address core business problems; Ability to effectively evaluate a problem or situation from all angles to determine the most appropriate solution
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors required, MBA or other master’s degree preferred
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in Life Sciences, Clinical Trial, or eClinicial software industry
- At least 5 years of related eCOA experience, at least some of which is in a Product Management or Technology related position
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top