Principal Software Engineer
Engineering Enablement at Medidata works to help make our product teams more awesome. As a member, you’d be part of a collaborative team that develops software and advocates practices to enable the company to deliver value faster.
● Develop and maintain scripts, tools, frameworks, automation and applications to enable delivery teams to work more effectively
● Coach and define good software development practices across company
● Instill strong engineering culture of quality and delivery (DevOps) across company
● Re-factor applications and test suites to reduce technical debt
● Strong understanding of Agile principles to coach teams into agility
● Identify engineering (test, dev, ops) organizational dysfunctional and championing solutions to address them.
● Make continuous self-education a priority
● Keep up to date with the software development and testing industries
● Chair and participate in working groups
● Adhere to Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures
What we need from you:
● Full-stack development, deployment, and testing across multiple modern web platforms.
● Have shipped multiple products, preferably within multiple roles including establishing or maintaining CI/CD pipelines
● Adept at simplifying complex codebases with concern toward maintainability
● Mastery at ramping up quickly in new languages and frameworks
● Expert in automation development from the unit test level through the UI level
● Extensive knowledge of programming paradigms with a focus on Object Oriented Programming
● Effectively apply development techniques such as TDD, BDD, ATDD, DDD, and CQRS
● Understanding of engineer culture and how to influence adoption of better practices
● Experienced in Agile and DevOps, SDET or Testing practices
● Communicate clearly and effectively across the organization
● Degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience
● Previous experience within an agile environment is an asset
● Previous experience within DevOps/Ops, SDET or Testing roles
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%.
The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employeesOur Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
● TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top