(PRC-Shanghai) Solution Consultant II
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Medidata Solution Consultant II (Presales Engineer) assists Partner Sales Representatives in the presentation, demonstration and sale of Medidata applications and services. The partner SC is the application and technical lead for assigned sales activities and supports the sales team with overall account strategies. Also lead technical presenter in customer facing events.
Works closely with key stakeholders (CO, DM, QA, PV…) within the partner account to establish and deliver on joint account strategy. This role is intended to focus on long-term success by mapping out mutual wins and directing operational teams towards optimal delivery, as well as evangelizing new aspects of how MCC can further benefit the partner.
The Solution Consultant II is the application and technical lead for assigned sales activities and supports the sales team with overall account strategies. The Solution Consultant II is the lead technical presenter in customer facing events and works closely with key stakeholders (CO, DM, QA, PV…) within the partner account to establish and deliver on joint account strategy. This role is intended to focus on long-term success by mapping out mutual wins and directing operational teams towards optimal delivery, as well as evangelizing new aspects of how MCC can further benefit the partner
• Understanding customer operation process
• Identifying pain points and unmet requirements
• Lead customer needs analysis discussions
• Guide the preparation of standard or custom demonstration environments
• Participate in product demonstrations and/or booth support activities at trade show events
• Lead application and/or technical product demonstrations
• Conduct product seminars
• Assist with preparation of professional services estimates for inclusion in formal customer proposals
• Assist with completion of application and/or technical RFI/RFP responses
• Support effective transition of new accounts to Professional Services team
• Partner’s health check regular basis
• Updating product new release information to partner
• Recognizing additional needs of training and product accreditation
• Delivery general knowledge about product
• Cover general questions about product
• Educate industry trend and knowledge related to Medidata business area
• Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
• Solid analytical and technical ability
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner.
• Command of native level Chinese (read, write and speak) and business level English required.
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience required.
• Minimum of 5-8 years clinical exposure or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred
• Exposure to clinical data management applications and/or concepts
• Exposure to formal sales methodologies
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top