(PRC-Shanghai) Senior Marketing Specialist
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Senior Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating, executing and measuring relationship nurturing and demand generation programs that drive sales of Medidata’s Clinical Cloud solutions for the Life Sciences industry. This position works closely with internal marketing groups and the sales organization. This high visibility role will interface with sales and marketing leadership as well as executive client leadership. It will require exceptional creativity, the ability to innovate, and a “hands-on” approach to accomplish the work.
• Create marketing plans by engaging Sales in annual and quarterly planning to determine programs, activities, and marketing assets to achieve business and revenue objectives
• Execute demand generation programs and integrated marketing campaigns for Medidata China market utilizing a variety of techniques including email, webinars, social media initiatives and digital/inbound marketing programs
• Execute face-to-face programs such as half-day seminars, breakfast meetings, lunch and learns, and hands-on workshops
• Collaborate with product marketing and marketing communications to create marketing assets such as data sheets, customer reference stories, sales enablement tools, videos, ROI analysis, social media awareness and “air cover”, demand generation programs and external communications
• Serve as the point-of-contact on cross-functional teams for various marketing campaigns
• Measure and report performance against established metrics
• Up to 20% travel; mostly Korea/APAC regional-based
• Knowledge and experience in building and executing marketing plans and programs utilizing email, webinars, digital/inbound marketing, social media and face-to-face events
• Ability to devise new and innovative communication methods and assets to articulate Medidata’s messages and value propositions to customer accounts
• Ability to be innovative with respect to program creation and problem resolution, and process-oriented with respect to marketing operations and execution workflows
• Knowledge of marketing processes and e-marketing systems; experience with lead scoring and nurturing methodologies is a plus
• Experience interfacing with all levels in a Sales organization including account executives, technical consultants, regional managers, and senior leadership
• Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills to bring together stakeholders from disparate functional groups to enable program creation, support, and execution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously
• Command of Native Chinese (read/write/speak) with Business level English
• This position is for Shanghai.
Your Education & Experience:
• Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
• Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in field marketing, demand generation, or marketing program role supporting a direct sales force in the enterprise software industry; or equivalent years of experience
• Life Sciences experience is desirable
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top