(PRC-Shanghai) Project Manager*
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation.
We invented the Medidata Clinical Cloud® which is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for over 90% of the world's top global pharmaceutical and medical-device companies - from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. We are publicly traded (MDSO), have 850 customers with retention rates at 100% and a revenue run-rate of over $500M in 2017. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 12,000 clinical trials to date giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win and therefore we are committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with 1,900 employees.
The Project Management Function is responsible for the overall relationship management of client accounts and day to day activities.
The Project Management Function is responsible to ensure that Medidata is able to deliver quality projects and services on time and within budget through effective management of Medidata resources.
Your Commitments (Role Responsibilities):
• Management of one or more projects with a focus on delivery of the scope on time, within budget and with a high quality outcome
• Provide financial management activities for one or more project budgets as well as execution of Statements of Works and Change Orders
• Generate ASOW requests and PSCAs in order to manage scope changes
• Provide input to Professional Services Proposals
• Maintain appropriate project/client documentation within e-binders for one or more projects/clients
• Maintain high client satisfaction by providing proactive communication and issue management
• Provide guidance and consulting to clients around the best use of the Medidata Applications
• Is Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least 2 Medidata Applications through the delivery of workshops and other consultancy activities
• Manage assigned project resources
• Assure compliance with Medidata’s standard project management methodologies and Medidata SOPs
• Provide mentorship and guidance to all assigned project members
Your Competencies (Skills, Ability and Knowledge):
• Good understanding of clinical research (pharma, device and/or biotech sectors) and a solid understanding of Clinical Research SaaS technology
• Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills, public speaking, presentation and teaching skills
• Proficient with MS Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellence with MS Project, project development and management
• Self motivated, able to work remotely and able to assume responsibility in a professional manner
• Is proficient in the use of all relevant Medidata internal systems
• Travel expectations up to 20% – 30%, national / international
• Valid driver’s license (preferred if necessary in the assigned location)
• Excellent cross functional collaboration skill
• Excellent project management skill
• Native level local language (Mandarin - Chinese) and business level English required.
Your Education & Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience with 4 -year college degree (analytic discipline a plus) or an advanced degree preferred.
• 2-5 years relevant experience in clinical/biomedical and/ or software development environment preferred.
• Electronic Clinical Data Management (eCDM) software consulting experience desirable
Our Culture: Who we are
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top