(PRC-Shanghai) HR Generalist
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation.
We invented the Medidata Clinical Cloud® which is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for over 90% of the world's top global pharmaceutical and medical-device companies - from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. We are publicly traded (MDSO), have 850 customers with retention rates at 100% and a revenue run-rate of over $500M in 2017. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 12,000 clinical trials to date giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win and therefore we are committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with 1,900 employees.
The HR Generalist will be a primary HR contact in China providing overall HR services and work closely with HR teams in other countries. This role will support hiring for business expansion in China, employee consultation, day-to-day administrative operation, payroll assistance, benefit coordination and business processes for the entire lifecycle of the employees’ onboarding and employment with Medidata.
• Mid-career recruiting activities, by contributing to expand candidate pool on the basis of good relationship established with recruiting agents.
• A series of process from candidate screening, schedule interviews with hiring manager and team to offer extension, including giving advice to hiring manager as necessary. Improve our candidate experience from first point of contact through hire and start date.
• Schedule and facilitate Day One Orientation for New Hires, collaborating with Enterprise Support (IT group) and Workplace Solutions (Facility & General Affairs group) to deliver an exceptional first day experience to new hires.
• Improve new hire experiences, by conducting new hire interview and follow-up for new hires
• Support annual performance management process and implement real time performance management concept (on-going coaching & feedback) across organization.
• Acts as HR liaison between the HR and Payroll for all employment events impacting payroll.
• Process HR transactions in Workday system (Workday: HR master database)
• Maintenance and monitoring of data accuracy of Workday system.
• Develop, recommend, implement and maintain policies and procedures, as well as legal (and regulatory) documentation, as needed
• Stay current on all HR issues and regulations, ensuring compliance with all local employment laws
• Facilitate the ongoing management of HR related regulatory, audit and legal reporting in all countries in APAC/APEJ to ensure the company is up to date and adhering to mandated employment obligations.
• Coordinate and deliver benefits programs by collaborating with US HQ benefit team.
• Assist in developing and redesigning the global company benefits programs to fit in China
● Good understanding of the various employment regulation in China
● Knowledge on social benefits and insurances
● Supportive and 'Can-do' attitude to provide the best HR service to employees and managers
● Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationship with managers and employees
● Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work
● Quick learning ability with exploring mind
● Work independently with minimal instruction
● Excellent operational skill
● Strong focus and attention to detail.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English, Japanese a plus
Your Preferred Competencies:
● Knowledge on HR practice in major global companies in China preferred, not required
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum 5 years HR experiences required, with 2+ years at MNC desiable
• HRBP/HR Generalist experience strongly preferred
• COE (Center of Excellence) functional role such as HR Operations/Payroll, HR Policy, Employee Relations, Recruiting, Learning Development/Talent Management or Benefit experiences are plus.
o Payroll Administration experience preferred
o Recruiting experiences preferred
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top