(PRC-Shanghai) Executive Assistant + HR Assistant
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Executive Assistant will, on a day-to-day basis, provide administrative support to China General Manager / Head of China Sales and HR. EA is the representative of the China General Manager, and acts as a liaison with employees and board members as well as the public.
- Handle requests for information
- Prepare correspondence
- Receive visitors and take phone calls
- Arrange conference calls and meetings (on- and off-site)
- Organize and maintain calendars, including interaction with external and internal resources, from assistants to executives
- Coordinate travel and prepare subsequent expense reports
- Courier and mail handling
- Coordinate internal corporate events include find venue and cater, purchase goods and services and scheduling
- Conduct research as necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Support Chinese labor contract logistics for New Hires
Schedule and facilitate Day One Orientation for New Hires, collaborating with Enterprise Support (IT group) and Workplace Solutions (Facility & General Affairs group) to deliver an exceptional first day experience to new hires.
Acts as HR liaison between the HR and Payroll for all employment events impacting payroll.
- Process HR transactions in Workday system (Workday: HR master database)
- Maintenance and monitoring of data accuracy of Workday system.
- Support to implement and maintain policies and procedures, as well as legal (and regulatory) documentation, as needed
- Coordinate and deliver benefits programs by collaborating with US HQ benefit team
- High degree of professionalism required, including: Discretion and the ability to maintain strict confidence, Sound judgment, Integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in Chinese and English
- Highly effective interpersonal skills at all levels within the Company and with external customers, board members and the public
- Superior project management skills, including driving high-quality and on-time deliverables
- Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail; able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with sometimes little or no supervision
- Strong decision-making ability and analytical thinking
- Flexible, positive approach in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years as an Executive Assistant
- HR experience is desirable
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top