(PRC-Beijing) Customer Enablement Training Specialist
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation.
We invented the Medidata Clinical Cloud® which is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for over 90% of the world's top global pharmaceutical and medical-device companies - from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. We are publicly traded (MDSO), have 850 customers with retention rates at 100% and a revenue run-rate of over $500M in 2017. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 12,000 clinical trials to date giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win and therefore we are committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with 1,900 employees.
The Training Specialists will develop and deliver training programs for web based and classroom learning. The primary responsibility of this position is to deliver end-user technical training and participate in the enhancement or development of new trainings for the clinical research industry that adheres to company quality standards while staying current with the adult learning theory.
• Deliver and manage technical trainings in a variety of formats including • • • Instructor Led/Classroom Style, Webinar and Remote trainings for internal staff and clients
• Apply Medidata products to the clinical research process for training purposes
• Keep abreast of continually new and/or enhanced Medidata products and trainings for training development and delivery
• Manage time to prep new classes in addition to delivering current training assignments
• Participate or lead the development of trainings, including best practice workshops and other advanced/new training courses, including translate training materials into local languages.
• Effectively learn, develop and deliver Train the Trainer sessions on new or enhanced products for internal staff and clients
• Promote student interest and participation throughout multiple days of technical trainings and webinar style trainings while ensuring understanding on all topics
• Be innovative and creative in developing training techniques to be used by the team
• Conduct logistical planning for assigned training activities
• Manage and participate in multiple projects simultaneously
• Special projects as assigned
• Native-level Chinese (Mandarin) is a MUST; Business-level English, both verbal and written
• Strong oral and written communication skills Ability to understand and differentiate audience to be trained
• Self-motivated, innovative and able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Solid analytical and technical skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with employees throughout an organization, including programmers, marketing personnel and management
• Strong MS Suite Office skills
• Ability to travel up to 50%, occasional weekends
• Ability to travel to client locations, both domestic and international, on a regular basis
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelors Degree required
• A minimum of 5 years training and development experience
Experience leading/supporting training efforts in the clinical research process
• Experience defining a technical training environment for a classroom setting
• Medidata Rave and/or CTMS experience is preferable
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds team
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (美谛达信息技术(上海)有限公司) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top