Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
To learn more about a career at Medidata, click here.
The Performance Engineer Function is responsible for hands-on testing. analysis, optimization and development of Medidata’s software applications and systems. The Engineer is one who works very quickly to resolve high impact, challenging, engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.Your Commitments:
- Provide diagnostic support, bug fixing, fine-tuning at the database, application and server level
- Creating white papers and client-facing reports
- Working with multiple projects across multiple technology stacks
- Performing statistical analysis (e.g., extrapolation and correlation) across different strata
- Work with Agile team members across organization to write clear, concise and comprehensive test cases and test plan
- Design, build and executes tests to provide high value, high accuracy results
- Develop test framework, utility tools and automated test scripts
- Implementing test automation infrastructure and ability to configure hardware and maintain test lab environments
- Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
- Utilizes appropriate methods to solve problems in an accurate and efficient manner
- Effectively communicates technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders (e.g., cross-functional groups, clients)
- Effectively executes processes associated with the software development life cycle
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of relevant concepts, applications, and programming languages
- Attend all appropriate team meetings
- Provides estimates in backlog grooming
- Identify tasks in planning
- Contribute to scenario writing
- Actively contribute at retrospectives
- Participate in experimental changes in organizational process arising from retrospectives
- Test Automation using standard and open source tools
- Knowledge of optimization and fine tuning techniques
- Competent in multiple tech stack
- Write SQL queries
- Ability to read, understand and analyze logs from multiple systems and tech stack
- Participate in experimental changes in implementation process arising from retrospectives
- Perform local refactoring under the guidance of senior colleagues
- Initiate automated deployment to test environments
- Diagnose issues while dealing with initial uncertainty and incomplete information
- Identify root causes
- Provide technical impact assessment
- Read documentation and internal blogs
- Attend team presentations
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; major in computer science, information systems or life sciences a plus
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience required
- 5+ years of experience with relevant programming technologies, such as C#, Ruby, SQL
- 6+ years of experience with automated functional testing
- 4+ years of performance testing and engineering
- Experience developing application and utilities
- Experience working in a regulated environment preferred
- Experience working with Agile methods such as Scrum preferred
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top