Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
Your Mission: The Global Payroll Analyst position is based in New York and reports to the Director of Payroll. The role is responsible for managing and processing the payroll in multiple countries to ensure compliance with international and domestic rules, regulations, and laws. This role will also serve as a back-up to the Director of Payroll, be a key employee resource for payroll matters and will perform other related duties as required.
- Manage and process payroll in the following countries: UK, Ireland, Germany, Japan, Singapore, and China
- Ensure accurate payroll funding occurs for all accounts and payroll taxes are remitted on time
- Manage international payroll year-ends resulting in accurate international countries W-2 equivalents
- Partner with global HR Business Partners and HR Operations to ensure effective processes and issue resolution
- Create international journal entries and ensure payroll entries are balanced and reconciled in a timely manner
- Partner with the US Payroll Analyst in reviewing the domestic payroll
- Audit data integrity between Workday HRIS and ADP Workforce Now Payroll to ensure both systems are in sync on a semi-monthly basis
- Partner with US Payroll Analyst to provide accurate W-2’s
- Work closely with the Director of Payroll in developing global payroll controls
- Partner with the Director of Payroll on the implementation of new technology to streamline the global payroll process
- Develop, maintain, update, and communicate company-wide payroll policies and processes regarding earnings, deductions, time-keeping as well as government compliance reporting
- Collaborate with multiple business teams within the organization like HR, Corporate Tax, Accounting, Accounting Policy and External Reporting and Technology
- Monitor employee e-mail inquiries from the [email protected] inbox and respond to employees as necessary
- Assist the Director of Payroll with payroll tax inquiries, payroll tax audits and other audits such as 401k audits and Worker’s Comp
- Provide excellent customer service to our employees and business partners
• Comprehensive understanding of Federal and State withholding, Internal Revenue Service regulations, and payroll best practices
• Basic knowledge of international payroll processes and regulations
• Ability to research and resolve more complex payroll inquiries
• Advanced Excel skills (vlooksup, pivots)
• Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical mindset with good judgement and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent organization skills; ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required
• Strong customer-focus and ability to maintain confidentiality to payroll and other employee personal information
Your Education & Experience:
• Requires a minimum of 1 year experience of global payroll processing
• Requires a minimum of 4 years of payroll experience and knowledgeable of wage and hourly laws
• Experience with federal, state, and local statutory payroll audits
• Experience with accounting processes and month-end close including journal entries and reconciliations as it relates to payroll
• Knowledge of Sox controls
• Bachelor’s degree required; or equivalent years of experience
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top