Partner Business Manager
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
The Partner Business Manager effectively manages commercial activities of a specific Partner or Partners in regards to their currently contracted or future business with Medidata. The Partner Business Manager needs to be highly organized, used to working with multiple internal and external customers, familiar with standard sales processes, and well versed in internal and external operations that drive revenue recognition. Chiefly among these are contracts, change orders and Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) management.
• Engage with Partners to acquire signature on contracts ensuring accuracy on specs of contract, providing product and pricing knowledge as necessary, functioning as adjunct sales resource with guided support from the respective Partner Account Manager
• Develop and manage existing Medidata Partner relationships in conjunction with multiple internal departments e.g. field sales, finance, sales ops and legal
• Be able to have guided sales discussions with Partner business contacts
• Working within any applicable Governance structure in place with Partner accounts, attending and participating in meetings
• Manage the sales pipeline with our Partners and update Medidata CRM system
• Work with Regional Account Managers (RAMs) to coordinate opportunity updates with Partner Business Managers of Global CROs
• Assisting with Medidata Partner Program development, implementation and management, including go-to-market strategy
• Liaise with internal proposal teams to facilitate detailed pricing and contracting of Medidata’s software and services, including Sales Orders and Change Orders
• Act as the lead on chasing revenue and late payments included on Sales Orders and Change Orders, working with external customers to fully understand their processes
• Provide pricing guidance to external customers when required during any change to original contract
• Facilitate and communicate to Partner regular updates of Mediquote pricing and contractual templates as required
• Lead ad hoc projects as required
• Some travel required
• Familiarity with eClinical market or worked at life sciences company
• Ability to listen, think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
• Must be motivated to work within detailed operational matters, but have the desire to work with outside customers on a daily basis
• Previous Account Management experience and record of achieving assigned quota targets
• Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science preferred, Masters Degree or higher a plus
• 4-5 years successful hands-on experience working with CROs or within a channels or alliance program, account management or direct sales involving software applications sales/consulting
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top