Partner Business Manager
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data into researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 1,000 customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 9,500 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia.
The Partner Business Manager effectively manages commercial activities of a specific Partner or Partners regarding their currently contracted or future business with Medidata. The Partner Business Manager needs to be highly organized, used to working with multiple internal and external customers, familiar with standard sales processes, and well versed in internal and external operations that drive revenue recognition. Chiefly among these are sales pipeline management, contracts, change orders and Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) management.
• Engage with Partners to acquire signature on contracts ensuring accuracy on specs of contract, providing product and pricing knowledge as necessary, functioning as adjunct sales resource
• Develop and manage existing Medidata Partner relationships in conjunction with multiple internal departments e.g. field sales, finance, sales ops and legal
• Can have guided sales discussions with Partner business contacts
• Will have expert knowledge of the RFP process and engage with multiple groups internally to provide best response to client
• Working within any applicable Governance structure in place with Partner accounts, attending and participating in meetings
• Manage the sales pipeline with our Partners and update Medidata CRM system
• Achieve relevant sales targets
• Work with Regional Account Managers (RAMs) to coordinate opportunity efforts
• Assisting with Medidata Partner Program development, implementation and management, including go-to-market strategy
• Liaise with internal proposal teams to facilitate detailed pricing and contracting of Medidata’s software and services, including Sales Orders and Change Orders
• Act as the lead on chasing revenue and late payments included on Sales Orders and Change Orders, working with external customers to fully understand their processes
• Provide pricing guidance to external customers when required during any change to original contract
• Facilitate and communicate to Partner regular updates of proprietary pricing and contractual templates as required
• Lead ad hoc projects as required
• Some travel required
• Familiarity with eClinical market or worked at life sciences company
• Ability to listen, think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
• Must be motivated to work within detailed operational matters, but have the desire to work with outside customers on a daily basis
• Previous Account Management experience and record of achieving assigned quota targets
• Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science preferred, Master’s Degree or higher a plus
• 4-5 years successful hands-on experience working with CROs or within a channels or alliance program, account management or direct sales involving software applications sales/consulting
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top