Partner Account Manager
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
A Medidata Partner Account Manager, CRO Partnerships, coordinates, develops and manages partnerships with various Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and US based CROs that can assist and support the sales and delivery of Medidata Products & Services and leverage Medidata’s position in the marketplace.
The role requires a clear understanding of the Clinical Trials R&D environment, an understanding of clinical trial implications and clinical systems environments. In addition, it is important to have practical experience of the Sponsor/CRO outsourcing process ideally combined with experience of working with CRO partners to develop and leverage new business opportunities.
• Develop and manage new and existing CRO Partnerships, and contribute to the development of strategies and processes to engage, support and manage those partners
• Develop CRO and Sponsor revenue-generating activities in EMEA and the US
• Coordinate with regional sales executives and account managers to develop, win and close partner related sales opportunities
• Provide support to and liaise with CRO Partners for Sales and Professional Services
• Work closely with CRO Partnerships, Sales and Pre-Sales executives around the world to effectively provide global solutions that drive Medidata’s Partner and Sponsor business activities
• Conduct an analysis of the total addressable market for CROs in Europe, and drive the resulting strategy to grow Medidata’s European presence
• Drive the strategy and process for discovery and onboarding of new partners, including partner selection criteria, profiles and requirements; manage the ongoing development of those partners as they enter the Medidata Partner Program
• Proactively engage with prospective partner organizations interested in transacting business or initiating a strategic partnership
• Contribute to the development of a lower touch partnering model to increase efficiency, reduce Medidata resource commitment per partner, and improve service levels to CROs, with the overriding goal of accelerating growth in the partner business
• Enable the on-boarding process of new partners by helping to develop and deploy partner facing tools and resources that support a lower touch sales model
Skills and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of and experience in software applications sales/consulting
• Hands-on experience working with Sponsor Outsourcing, CROs, channels or an alliance program
• Successful Biopharmaceutical industry and clinical R&D sales experience
• Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Demonstrated ability to work with and manage global relationships with customers and partners
• Ability to listen, think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with remote teams in distributed, international environments
• Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science preferred, Masters Degree or higher a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top