Market Development Specialist - London or Germany
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800+ customers, customer retention rates above 98%, and the experience of supporting more than 13,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
About the role:
Are you currently working in a lead generating, business development role and fed up at being targeted on the number of calls you do a day, and time spent on the phone? Do you want to work for a grown-up company that values your efforts and rewards you for them, and allows you to have insightful conversations with our target customers? Are you looking for a company that offers internal progression, Presidents club trips to exotic locations and ongoing development opportunities – including tuition assistance for personal development courses? Then perhaps, we’re the company for you.
Our Market Development Specialists play a pivotal part in our sales teams – as they are responsible for identifying, and qualifying sales leads for the Regional and Global Account Managers. This isn’t a 'numbers game' role – our teams conduct a deep analysis into each account, thoroughly mapping and researching key stakeholders before making a consultative approach by phone – and having intelligent, meaningful discussions with key decision makers about the Medidata Solutions portfolio – form the initial approach, through product demonstrations and up until the hand off the opportunity to the relevant Account Managers. Our target audience is EMEA based and could be top 50 Global Pharma account or a Biotech
• Researching target companies/prospects via internet searches, industry publications, and third party tools to identify new targets to approach
• Proactively calling target organizations to build relationships with key contacts, and conducting discovery calls to uncover leads and other relevant market information
• Introducing Medidata Solutions to key prospects and educate them on our offering and services
• Following up on Marketing-generated leads
• Maintaining and updating accurate records of all prospect related activities in our CRM tool (SFDC)
• Partner with our Field sales professionals to identify, nurture and mature opportunities within individual territories
• Coordinate warm lead hand off from outside lead generation group to Area Sales Directors
• Demonstrating or coordinating product demonstrations with prospects and our pre-sales consultants
• Attend conferences with the sales team to meet with, and identify, new prospects.
• Achieve quarterly and annual sales and lead generation targets
What you bring to the table:
• A bachelors degree or equivalent relevant work experience
• Ideally, you'll have a proven track record of success in a similar role (tele sales, Lead Generation) over a period of at least 12 months
• Exposure to working with SaaS/Application software or complex sales would be preferred
• You’re an excellent communicator – you build rapport and are comfortable talking to people across all levels of an organization, whether that be on the phone, email or through presentations
• If you're fluent in Fluent or German that would be great!
• You’re thorough – and are used to analyzing data and researching for information
• You can demonstrate that you’re organized and able to manage your time effectively
• You can get on and do stuff by yourself when needed, and can self-motivate
• There’s no ‘I’ in ‘Team’ – you are a partner, and collaborator – with internal and external stakeholders.
• You're competitive and enjoy working towards targets - and being rewarded for that.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams (People Leader especially!)
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top