Market Development Specialist
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation.
We invented the Medidata Clinical Cloud® which is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for over 90% of the world's top global pharmaceutical and medical-device companies - from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. We are publicly traded (MDSO), have 850 customers with retention rates at 100% and a revenue run-rate of over $500M in 2017. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 12,000 clinical trials to date giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win and therefore we are committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with 1,900 employees.
Market Development Specialist plays a strategic role in identifying and developing new potential customers or unexplored markets. The responsibilities of a Market Development Specialist include:
• Stays up to date on trends in eClinical Technology and Life Sciences industries
• Learn and maintain knowledge of Medidata’s products and solutions, as well as competitive landscape
• Explores trendsetter ideas by researching industry related publications and announcements, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
• Applies market and customer intelligence to identify new potential markets and customers
• Discovers and qualifies potential business opportunities by acquiring and nurturing new potential markets and customers
• Collaborate with the Field Sales and Marketing team on sales and marketing strategy
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Support Demand Marketing to accelerate demand gen and opptunity through marketing campaigns and programs
• Research target companies on Internet, industry publications, and third party tools to identify new buying centers
• Place outbound calls to build relationships with new buying centers and source for leads
• Follow up on Marketing-generated leads
• Educate prospects on Medidata’s products and solutions
• Support Field Sales to identify and mature opportunities within the target territories
• Support Demand Marketing on regional/local campaigns and programs
• Coordinate warm lead hand off to Field Sales
• Maintain records of correspondence in sales force automation tool
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with Marketing and Sales colleagues
• Cold calling experience covering Japan markets
• Proven software or SaaS (eClinical Technology and Life Sciences preferred) experience in Australia and Singapore
• Executive level discussions from VP to CXO and solution selling
• Solid analytical and technical skills
• Exposure to formal prospecting and sales methodologies
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
• Self-motivating, highly disciplined and organized, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Must have command of native Japanese (read/write/speak) and business level English.
• Knowledge of and experience with designing and executing marketing programs preferred
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
• 3+ years of previous technical telesales experience preferred
• 2-3 years event / seminar / webinar management experience preferred
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions K.K.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top