Market & Competitive Intelligence Senior Director
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Competitive Intelligence & Analysis Sr. Director is responsible for developing a process for analyzing, communicating and working with functional departments to move Medidata towards its strategic goals. This individual will be responsible for understanding and creating the processes for external data gathering on industry trends, including competitive activity and the pharma industry environment; and equally importantly, be able to filter and analyze the information for Medidata's purposes, such as strategy, marketing, sales, product plans.
This position requires a deep and sophisticated understanding of the life sciences environment, an ability to develop and implement business processes in a dynamic environment, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The position will also be responsible for developing appropriate and strategic messaging to align with key sales strategies, provide guidance and alerts for the company, creating and maintaining appropriate communication processes and tools, and working directly with internal teams.
- Analyze industry trends, competitive information and other market information for relevance to Medidata: sales, marketing, strategy, solutions teams.
- Develop and maintain processes and systems for external information gathering, timely analysis and efficient communications.
- Create Field Talking Points, messaging documents, solutions strategy, and other relevant documents for internal use
- Work with functional groups on business strategies, correctives, plans, etc.
- Create input processes for information collecting
- Develop strong collaboration with other Medidata internal functions
- Your Education & Experience:
- 4-year college degree
- MBA or other graduate degree preferred
- Min. 7 years of experience in business strategy, intelligence, marketing, sales, corporate analysis, strategy, or similar business function
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical or other life sciences industry experience critical; technology and/or services a plus
- Experience in developing and implementing internal business processes, particularly market intelligence and competitive intelligence
- Excellent communications skills, including persuasive writing
- Keen business acumen and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytic skills
- Strong team player, ability to convince and
- Comfort working in fast-paced environment
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top