Manager, Test Engineering
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for
our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than
10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Manage testing for complex software projects, directing the activity of Testers directly, ensuring that testing is carried out in the most efficient and effective way possible. Foster and Lead good working relationship with Application Engineers, Project Managers, Product Managers and other stakeholders in the development of high quality software. Provide leadership and direction to the team to create and
execute comprehensive test plans appropriate to function, product, enhancements, etc. being tested.
Provide recommendations regarding issues, processes and procedures both internally and externally.
Responsible for test activities including identifying scenarios for test plans; use of automated testing tools; session based exploratory testing; review and root cause analysis for discrepancies found in test results. Demonstrate knowledge in technology and operational methods. Responsible for hiring and developing employees to ensure that the testing is carried out in accordance with the company’s business processes. Provide coaching and leadership to staff on testing practices.
● Manage and Lead a team of Testers for one or more products
● Lead the design and development of test strategies, plans, scenarios, and charters
● Evaluate and report on testing and test results as they relate to product and project health,
value, and risk for product releases
● Support the introduction of new testing methodologies, optimizing testing approach and
leveraging context driven and exploratory testing principles
● Coach and mentor team members, and peer group on software testing
● Coach, develop and recruit testing team to keep up with software release cycles and company growth
● 7 years of IT experience
● Experience coaching and mentoring others in testing
● Experience formulating and implementing testing strategies
● Proficient in Context Driven and Rapid Software Testing practices
● Experience with automated testing tools, software development and testing methodologies
● Prioritization skills and the ability to work within tight timelines
● Project management and people management skills
● Independent thinker with keen attention to detail
● Ability to work through complex tasks with minimal supervision
● Experience with regulatory compliance, FDA, and 21 CFR Part 11 is an asset
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent years of experience
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come
together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies.
We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness,
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
● TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top