Manager, Medidata Academy
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
The Medidata Academy Associate Manager will lead the Learning Solutions Design team who is responsible for creating learning and training programs on Medidata’s product portfolio ranging from eLearning content focused on functionality to instructor-led curriculum and certification on how the products create value for Medidata customers, partners and colleagues. This role will collaborate with multiple stakeholders and business leaders to decide which areas of training to develop and drive execution of the training programs. The Associate Manager will be responsible for assessing technology and innovative tools to support and build scalable learning solutions and lead learning content strategy for customers, partners and colleagues.
About Medidata Academy:
The Academy is the functional group within Enterprise Technology and Customer Success that focuses on Medidata products, as well as clinical industry training for both customers, partners, and employees.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders (customer success, product management, professional services, etc) to plan, scope, build and deliver necessary learning and training programs
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to understand and assess learning needs at enterprise level
- Manage the Learning Solutions Design team to develop enhancements and build new materials
- Manage the team’s project portfolio as the learning programs are built. Organize, plan work, sets priorities and executes action plans for the team
- Lead the team through the learning development process and implement best practices for assessment, creative content development, collecting learner feedback, project management, and measuring learning effectiveness
- Own and improve current content strategy, learning and development life cycle process and identify ways to ensure simplification of content, tools, and project work
- Identify, evaluate, and implement new technologies that enhance learner experience and increases learning engagement and knowledge retention
- Facilitate effective learning review meetings with internal stakeholders
- Develop understanding of key business drivers and report on progress and key learning metrics
- Collaborate with learning vendors as needed to address services needs
The qualified candidate who fills the position must be detail oriented, organized and concise. This person must be able to lead a team, but also excel independently, and have the ability to effectively work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines while consistently delivering high quality work.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred (Instructional Design, eLearning Technology, Learning Theory, etc).
- Requires a minimum of 2 or more years of managing team, corporate training, curricula/courseware development, exams and certification experience
- Demonstrate the know-how to drive positive results in a team environment
- Experience with coaching and mentoring
- Experience formulating and implementing learning strategies and training programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately
- Must be able to work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced software development environment
- Ability to travel between the east coast offices as needed
- Additional travel approximately 10%
- Experience and understanding of the clinical research, site and CRO landscape is a big plus
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top