Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata sits at the intersection of the technology and Life Sciences industries. With the current transformation in our industry, we’re at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients that improves accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can be reached sooner.
We are publicly traded (MDSO) and the market leader for clinical trial software with over 500 customers. We continue to maintain a 99% customer retention rate and have supported more than 10,000 clinical trials globally.
Every employee stands behind our mission of powering smarter treatments and healthier people as the difference technology can make in the space is truly world changing.
Medidata is looking for a Manager, Engineering to lead our growing engineering teams as they design, implement, deploy and operate our services that enable clinical trial applications and data analytics. This position provides an opportunity to evolve key pillars of Medidata’s strategy for powering smarter treatments.
● Responsible for the analysis, design and delivery of our core services. The services are primarily built with Ruby on Rails and Amazon Web Services.
● Ensure software best practices, such as automated testing and continuous integration.
● Build relationships with product managers to enable development teams to more effectively prioritize requirements and delivery efforts.
● Grow your teams through effective hiring, coaching and development of globally distributed team members.
● Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization.
● Inspire, empower and motivate your teams, leading by example.
● Proven leadership in driving agile software engineering teams that are self organizing.
● Technical experience designing and implementing RESTful API’s, preferably for mobile consumers.
● Experience building highly scalable cloud-based services, preferably with Ruby on Rails.
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent years of experience.
● Experience leading a software engineering team (or teams) building API’s and backend services.
● Experience mentoring the next generation of engineering leaders in an organization.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
● TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams (People Leader especially!)
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top